Bizna Young Entrepreneur Awards (YEA) is an initiative by Bizna Group LLC. YEA seeks to provide a platform for the recognition, showcasing and celebration of successful Young Entrepreneurs in Kenya based on their business performance, profitability, quality of products or services and relations with suppliers and customers among others.
The second edition will commence on 29th August 2019 and culminate in a gala event to be held on 29th November 2019 in Nairobi. Young entrepreneurs who meet the set criteria will be invited to apply for nomination and provide information to support their application.
- Application is open to Kenyan young entrepreneurs aged below 35 as at 29th November 2019.
- The businesses should be registered with Government of Kenya.
- The Company must have been in operation for at least two years.
- The Company should be compliant with relevant government agencies (registered and having the necessary licenses)
How to Enter
The process is divided into three phases:
Phase I – Nominations Phase
The nominations procedure entails two key activities:
- Application – Applications must be completed online and submitted via the YEA 2019 website in accordance with the Bizna YEA 2019 terms and conditions.
- Endorsement – Applicants will be required to share a link to suppliers and customers to endorse them. Endorsements will form part of the judging criteria and will contribute to the overall scoring for each nominee.
Phase 2 – Judging Phase
Judges will review applications based on the criteria below. The panel of judges will constitute institutions and/or organizations involved with youth entrepreneurship in Kenya.
Nominees for the Bizna YEA 2019 will be shortlisted under the following criteria.
- Nominee profile – 25%
- Business registration/formalization – 15%
- Endorsements – 10%
- Public vote – 50%
Phase 3 – Voting Phase
Voting will be open to the public. There will be one winner in every category and 2 winners in the Male and Female Young Entrepreneur of the Year categories.